Monday, April 23, 2007

Kudos to Udo


I've been educating myself on EFA's (essential fatty acids) lately, and have heard/read so much good feedback about Udo's Choice Oil Blend that I have begun using it. I've also started giving Olivia a bit each day, as she's had some bowel difficulties. :) Society is becoming more aware of our need for Omega fats, but it is somewhat difficult to get the right ratio. Udo's oil blend contains just the right amounts of each! It's really easy to take, too--you can use it for dipping breads in, drizzle it into your baked potato, toss it with your salad, or blend it into a shake. The possibilities are endless--you just can't cook with it.
Among other functions, Udo's Choice Oil Blend aids in these things: increase energy, strengthen the immune system, lower risk factors for cardiovascular disease, improve brain function, aid in weight reduction, regulate organs and glands, speed recovery and healing, support healthy child development, improve digestion, decrease infection, and produce beautiful skin, hair, and nails!
Are any of you using this product or something similar?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I've never even heard of Udo's! Sounds fabulous - wonder why you can't cook with it? Does that kill the oil's benefits somehow?

Heather said...

I have never heard of it, but would be so interested in using it for my family. How much do you take and how much do you give to Olivia?? Do you have to put it in your foods to take it??? As you can tell i am clueless when it comes to this. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Fish oil does all the same thing two. and it will help you go

Karen said...

Yep, oils are destroyed by heat, light, and oxygen. Udo's is processed with minimal amounts of each, and then refrigerated in dark glass bottles.

Heather, the recommended "dosage" is 1 Tablespoon per 50 lbs. Olivia gets a teaspoon each day, stirred into her food. I put a T. into my morning protein shake, and then stir it into whatever I'm eating at each meal. You don't have to put it into food, but most people don't care for the taste. It would be like taking a T. of olive oil--thick, smooth... oily. :)

Anonymous, fish oil does make similar claims; however, it's difficult to ensure that you're getting proper proportions of all the right kinds of EFA's. And there's always the issue of oils coming from contaminated fish.

Sara said...

I take Nature Made Omega 3 Fish Oil supplements (prescribed by dr during pregnancy), but I had already been taking them. I'll have to check out the differences...
Glad you're watching out for your little one--too many parents are CLUELESS when it comes to proper nutrition for children!

Karen said...

I take Omega 3 fish oil, too, for my achy knees. (yes, I'm already feeling rather like I'm 80 years old!) :) Why did your Dr. prescribe them?

Sara said...

To help with brain developement. He is a HUGE fan of taking DHA supplements during pregnancy. Given my "complications," I have of course taken EVERY possible advantage recommendation possible! I am also a huge fan of them--just a lot of benefits.
So... if you are also taking those, I take it there are different benefits?!