Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Happy Autumn!

Autumn is my favorite season. I love the crisp air and changing leaves. I also love getting out my jeans and sweatshirts and jackets. But I can't believe it's fall already! As much as I love it, autumn came too early, even for me.

Alas, enough whining. I have plenty for which to be thankful.

I feel really rested this morning; Olivia slept from 10:30 last night to 3:30 AM! Hooray! This is by no means a trend--the night before, she was up to eat every 2 hours on the dot. But I am glad for it, nevertheless.

Concordia University's basketball season is underway! Poor Nate...Monday they practiced 6-8 AM; yesterday was 8:30-10:30 PM. Tonight's 6-8 PM... he's tired already! But I'm looking forward to seeing the guys play. The atmosphere is great, Nate says, and the guys are working hard.

Nate's sister Shannon is here from PA. Yesterday she came over and babysat while I took a nap. That was great. Her little girl is 8 months old, so the newborn memories are still pretty fresh for her. She has been a tremendous help to me in the last few days!

Today we're going to Rebekah's house. Rebekah was my matron of honor in my wedding. Her 1st baby is due next Wednesday, exactly one month after my due date! I'm going to help her make & freeze some meals. That'll be fun; we don't see each other nearly enough anymore.

I miss my camera dearly. My mom bought us an inexpensive film camera when she was here. That was thoughtful--at least we'll have some pics in the meantime until we can get another digital. I'm almost finished with the roll; then I'll post some recent pics.

Better run... that's the scoop for now!

No comments: