Thursday, July 27, 2006

Holy Matrimony

In just a few short hours, Nate & I will be leaving to go to Wisconsin for my brother's wedding. We decided to travel a little under halfway and then get a hotel, since we have lots to do before we actually get on the interstate. Nate is stopping to buy a garden hose on his way home from work. Then, he's going to give Trango a bath and pack. We are dropping Trango off at the babysitters' (YAY! I hate traveling with the dog.), and then we're heading to Nate's parents' house, where we'll trade cars. Theirs has A/C; wasn't it nice of them to offer!? I told Nate, "I'll bet we don't get onto I-94 until about 9 tonight. He laughed at me. We'll see... :)

So we'll probably drive 3 or 4 hours tonight and then the other 4 or 5 tomorrow. Rehearsal is at 5 tomorrow, and the wedding is at 11 on Saturday. I'm singing a solo, which I'm a tad nervous about, since it's an outdoor wedding. You never know how the acoustics will be outside.

Then it's back home on Sunday, probably after church. Such a short time with my family, but I'm so looking forward to seeing them.

4 comments:

carissa said...

I hope you had a great weekend. How far of a drive was it for you. I hope your solo went well. What did you sing?

Kelli said...

Hope you had a good time at the wedding! I hope you had an uneventful road trip.

Vicki said...

Pictures, please! :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun trip and I cant wait to see the photos.