Thursday, July 27, 2006

Dumb mistake

This morning it was unusually difficult for me to get out of bed...partly due to regular ol' exhaustion, but mostly due to the pinched something-or-other in my back. Ouch! Anyhow, I didn't get enough sleep, and not very good sleep at that, so I was really dragging! Well, I arrived here at work and started out by changing Wade's diaper and clothing. Barely able to keep my eyes open, we managed to get one leg into his overalls, and then the other--with some difficulty. I pulled them up, snapped them, and plopped him onto the ground. He began playing happily at his Thomas the Train table. A full 5 minutes later, I made a humbling discovery: in my fatigue, I had stuffed both of his chubby little legs into the right-leg hole. He could barely waddle back and forth between his trains, poor guy! I chuckled to myself as we corrected his overalls. Boy, if that's an indicator of how the day's going to go . . .

2 comments:

Heather said...

I will pray that you get plenty of sleep today!!! I sure hope your day gets better!!

Kelli said...

Funny the things that we do when we are exhausted! =) It seems like he didn't even notice! Hope you can get plenty of sleep before Olivia comes!