Wednesday, June 07, 2006

He gives good things! I decided to make the crib bumper and dust ruffle, since I couldn't find anything without daisies and butterflies. WELL! The other day I found a pattern I liked on sale from $13 to $2. THEN, I saw this fabric, which I absolutely loved, but it was $10/yard! And the pattern called for about 9 yards! Yikes! However, the store is going out of business, so it was marked down to $5. PLUS, a lady from church works there, and she went with me and threw in her 20% employee discount! It ended up being $2/yard. To top it all off, she looked at my pattern and did some figuring, and she said I'd need only 5 yards, not 9! Hallelujah! So this awesome material that would've cost me $90 ended up costing a meager $10. How great is my God! Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Vicki said...

LOVE IT. Love it, love it, LOVE IT! I can't wait to see the finished product put together with the nursery walls! You're quite the bargain shopper, too. A good talent to have with kids around...

Heather said...

Karen, I know I have said it before, but I love hearing how God is providing for you and your little one-to-come!!! These things are so expensive...but they really are so great to have on hand...and to get things on sale...and given to you...is such a blessing!!!!!!!

I am so excited for you! I am sure with all the stuff you have been getting lately...it is quickly becoming a reality that she will be here soon!!!

Jenny said...

GREAT fabric, Karen! Make sure you post pics of the finished product!!!

Kelli said...

What a great deal! That fabric will make an adorable bumper. Have fun making it for your little Livvie!

Unknown said...

awesome deal! love the fabric. be sure to post pictures of the finished stuff!

Karen said...

O boy... you guys surely seem anxious about the glorious finished product... perhaps I'll dedicate my next post to the one and only sewing experience I've had. It was a complete fiasco, by the way!

Jenny said...

You can do it, Karen! Here's my biggest sewing advice: Use the pattern for the pieces, but use your common sense instead of the directions. Pattern directions often are very confusing!!

Jocelyn Pagano said...

I love that material! The colors are great! Praise the Lord!