Monday, June 19, 2006

Haaa-lelujah!

My husband has finished his masters degree! YAY! He does have to take the comprehensive exam when we go down there for graduation in July, but all the other requirements are complete. He took his last exam Saturday around 2; while he was gone, I ran around and put together a little congratulations basket for him: gift certificates for ice cream, the MDen (store that sells Michigan paraphernalia), and an XBox rental, his favorite cereal and soda, beef jerky, balloons, etc. . .

Then we went to the Outback, where he enjoyed a 14-ounce steak. Then it was back home, where we had cherry pie & ice cream. I'm so proud of him. He is such a hard worker--he knows what it means to persevere! And the stuff he was studying was hard! We laughed when I quizzed him one evening and couldn't pronounce most of the terms!

He is so relieved. He keeps saying, "I can't believe I'm really finished!"

Great job, Babe! I'm glad to have you back!

7 comments:

Vicki said...

Where is "down there" for graduation? What is his degree? That must be a huge relief--tell him I said CONGRATS! Jason wants to pursue his masters, but I'd like to have a break from hectic school stuff for a year or two. We'll see.

pamela s said...

YEAH!!! It's nice to have a husband again, isn't it? The best part is that it's over for good. You earned that degree too, by being there for him when he needed you & leaving him alone when he needed to study. Congratulations!

Heather said...

That is so awesome Karen!!! Your husband is a HARD worker!!! I am so glad you and him were able to celebrate and look back smiling at it!!!

Genns said...

Give Nate a big congrats from the Genns!!

Shyla said...

Congrats to Nate!! How are you feeling Karen? I have been thinking about you lately!! You only have a few short months left- it's the greatest K!! Give me a buzz sometime! I am ALWAYS home :)

Karen said...

Vick: "down there" is Alabama. And his degree is in sport coaching, specifically basketball.

Pam: You're so right...I should get some sort of certificate, too!

Shy: I feel great! ...getting a little bigger each week! It's just speeding by--12 weeks left!

Unknown said...

Wow, you really made him feel special! Congrats, Nate!