Monday, April 17, 2006

Number 100!

As I logged into my blog just now, I noticed that this will be post number 100! Wow! I guess that's not too great, seeing as I've had this blog for several months now.

How was your Easter weekend? Mine was great! Friday night we went bowling with Justin & Kelly (Nate's brother & his wife). Nate and I had never been bowling together, so that was an adventure. :) I bowled a 100 and a 91. Embarrassing. Then we came back to our house and watched a dumb movie. You know, one of those movies that, when it's over, you all just look at each other and say, "And what was the point of that?"

Saturday was an absolutely perfect day--78 degrees, warm, not a cloud in the sky, slight breeze. I went to brunch at a friend's house. That was really fun; all of us who went are expecting! The host is 37 weeks, another woman is 22 weeks, I'm 19, and another friend is 15. So it was all pregnancy, baby, and family talk. We sat outside and ate on their porch in the sunshine as we sipped breakfast smoothies. Yum!

Then I had a couple errands to do, and I got home at 3:00. I changed quickly and dashed outside to do some more raking. I finished the front yard and ditch--now there are FOUR full bags of leaves by the roadside! Then, Nate and I went for a walk with Trango. I love that. We always have good talks.

After that, we cleaned up and went to Red Robin for dinner. OOOOOOOO, MAN! If ya don't have Red Robin, I feel for ya! It's a great place with bottomless steak fries. I had the Ragin' Cajun Chicken Burger. Then, Nate suggested that we go for a drive. I said, "What, are we 75 years old?" :) But it was very nice. We got home around 9 and were in bed by 10:30! I really did feel like an old person, in bed at 10:30 on a Saturday night!

Yesterday Nate woke up sick from his burger. We made it to or church's sunrise service at 7:30, but we left because he was feeling so poorly. He went to bed, and I made an Easter breakfast feast--omelete, bacon, and 2 slices of toast! I had to be at the church early; I sang a duet with Pastor. We sang "I've Just Seen Jesus." It's one of my very favorite songs. I taught Sunday School by myself (yikes!), and Nate joined me for the main service. Then, it was home for a nap! I'm a firm believer that that's what Sunday afternoons are for. Then we headed to Nate's parents' for Easter festivities--huge dinner, egg hunt for the kiddies, and lots of candy all around.


So it was a busy and wonderful weekend! How about yours?

5 comments:

Katie said...

I LOVE Red Robin! There's one in Detroit (Taylor, actually) and it was our favorite place to go to eat when we were dating. My absolute favorite - and I get it every time - is the Whisky River BBQ Chicken Burger. I love those onion straws! And the strawberry lemonade is to die for. But I haven't been there in such a long time. We'll have to go soon after we move up there. Man, I sound a bit too excited about food. :)

Glad you had a fun Easter!

Unknown said...

Never been to or heard of Red Robin. I think you had an excuse to bowl poorly - being pregnant throws off your balance. Yum, I love smoothies! Now that's officially spring I'm making them often and Chloe loves them too.

Your living room and nursery pictures are very nice. What type of border do you have on the living room wall? And are those tulips in your living room?

Karen said...

We don't have a border in the living room, Alicia. We've got a cove ceiling...the wall and ceiling aren't at right angles. Instead they just curve together. Nate put up oak trim to kind of distinguish between ceiling and wall. Make sense?

Yes, those are tulips--I was hoping to get them planted outside, but they dried up completely while I was in WI. Oops...guess I forgot to ask Nate to water them!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I found your blog and thought it was so funny that you mentioned the "sunrise" service. I told my dad that it was incredibly lame to have the whole church get out of bed early for a service that wasn't even actually sunrise! Tell him next year to either do the real or let everyone sleep in! Congratulations to you and Nate, by the way! And if you haven't, make sure to join Red Robin's club or whatever (at redrobin.com or something like that) -- you get coupons and a free burger on your birthday, we actually just got emailed a coupon tonight.=)
Annalisa

Karen said...

Thanks, Annalisa! I did join Red Robin's club--thanks for the tip!