Sunday, January 29, 2006

Concordia-Ann Arbor wins CIT

Yep, Nate's team got 1st place in the tournament this weekend! We traveled to Wisconsin, near Milwaukee, for the Concordia Invitational Tournament (CIT). The guys played really well, despite injuries to a couple key players. This is the 1st CIT win for us, and needless to say, they are all pretty pumped!

Just as exciting--for me, anyway--was seeing my family! My parents and Wayland and Sam and Chi met us there and stayed in the same hotel as we did. It was so great to spend time with them. Nate was gone a lot for practices and meetings, etc., so it worked out great. We had Christmas in January; we weren't able to make it to WI, so we just brought their gifts along. Malachi is so big and such a doll. I'll post pictures soon.

I've committed to reading the Bible through this year. So far I'm doing well. It's amazing how many "new" things the Lord shows me, every day, even though I've been immersed in Scripture my entire life. Like today, I was reading about how Herod commanded the Egyptian midwives to kill every newborn Hebrew boy while mama wasn't looking. But the women refused--they kept them alive and told Herod, "These Hebrew women are just too quick! They deliver before we get a chance to get in there and help!" And God blessed them for their integrity. I never noticed that before.

Anyway, so much going on, so little energy! Keep me accountable for my reading, would ya? Hope your weekend was great.

1 comment:

Shyla said...

Sounds like you have been busy!
Congrats to Nate and the boys for their 1st place win! That's got to be fulfilling as a coach!
Looking forward to seeing pics.
I'll be praying for you as you journey through God's word. It has become especially precious to me even over the last week. Ask me anytime if i'm reading!