Monday, October 17, 2005

Scary man!

Well, I was looking through the job classifieds, and I came across an ad for a housekeeper, 8-10 hours a week, $10 an hour, flexible schedule. I thought, "Perfect opportunity!" So I e-mailed my resume to the person, and that evening I received an e-mail back.

As it turns out, the person is a bachelor who works from home. Eek. He basically offered me the job, but I told him that neither my husband nor I am comfortable being in his home while he's there. I thought, "O, he'll offer to run his errands or something while I'm there."

Nope. He writes back, "Well, I can't leave a stranger alone in my house. And unless you're Helen of Troy, your husband has nothing to worry about."

WHAT?!?! Well, seeing as I was generally bored in history class, I had to look up Helen of Troy. Turns out she was a drop-dead gorgeous babe who was raped! Yikes! I wanted to write him back and give him a piece of my mind! "Excu-u-use me? So if I AM gorgeous, you'll do what? How DARE you make a comment like that to a married person!" But I didn't write back. I'm pretty sure he's not worth my energy.

I'm so glad that the Lord shielded me from this so-called "opportunity!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is scary! The nerve...what a slimeball.

Shyla said...

Yikes! Mr. "Karate Kid" Bennett would have clocked him for his misuse of History! To be sure!!