Friday, August 22, 2014

Summer Fun

In July the girls and I took a spontaneous trip to Wisconsin to spend some time with my parents.   
My mom retired in July (YAY, MOM!)...

...and we also enjoyed a special anniversary celebration at the church where my dad pastors.  135 years!  (Dad has been there only a hundred of them.)

A major highlight of the trip was the trip itself!  We took the S.S. Badger Carferry over Lake Michigan!  We thoroughly enjoyed the wonderful break from driving and being cooped up in the car.  It was cool and breezy, but a great voyage.  We wish the ferry sailed year-round.

We spent some time with my grandma and her husband Jerry.  It's fun to watch the girls play with toys that I played with as a child... and my dad played with them, too!  

We also swung over to the nursing home to visit my Granny.  This is my Gram's stepmom.  She was looking well and is quite happy there.  Below, with Granny and 2 other cousins:  Sophie (my cousin's girl), and Natty (my cousin).

My folks spoiled the girls and took them to the fair, where they rode this mini-coaster approximately forty-three times.  SUCH a treat for them!  They also ate traditional fair food, and they LOVED the animal barn!

They're into doing spa treatments.  ("Train up a child...")
This is lovely!
Here, Brienna treats my mom to a foot rub and toenail polish, hand lotion and fingernail polish, as well as "freshments."  So sweet!

We had an absolutely lovely time visiting friends and family in Wisconsin!  And we had an extra surprise when it was all over, too!  Stay tuned...

No comments: