Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Meaty Red Sauce

My friend gave me permission to post her awesome red sauce recipe.  We love it!
I admit I'm a little bit persnickety about red sauce.

I don't like it too chunky or too runny.
I don't like it too acidic or too sweet.
I like meat in it, but not too much.
I like it flavorful, but not so much that it overpowers everything else.

I suppose you could say that my journey to satisfying red sauce has been a long and difficult one.

I have no beautiful food photos to offer; just a simple recipe that we absolutely LOVE.


Awesome Red Sauce

100 oz. tomato sauce
28 oz. tomato puree
28 oz. water
12 oz. tomato paste
2 T. each oregano, basil, Italian seasoning
1/2 T. garlic salt
1/4-1/2 c. sugar
1-3 beef bullion cubes
2# meat, cooked (We use 1# ground beef/ 1# bulk sausage.)

Combine all ingredients in stock pot.  Simmer about 4 hours.
Portion into freezer-safe containers.

Enjoy!

No comments: