Friday, March 11, 2011

Brienna Elyse: 18-month update

Next week our baby will be eighteen months old.

Uh,   WHAT!??!?

Someone call the authorities, for it appears something has been stolen from me. 
That would be the last, oh, 17 months of my life.

This photo brings me to tears. 

Mostly because I wish--OH HOW I WISH!--the child would be still like this more often.  She is into (and on top of) everything.  I mean EV.ERY.THING. 

You think I'm joking?  I tell people she's into everything, and they always say, "Yep, she's at that stage... all toddlers are busy..."  Oh no.  No, no, no.  My other two were never Into Everything like Brienna is.  Here are just a few examples.

We've found her:
  • sitting on top of the dining table, eating handfuls of M&Ms. 
  • playing inside the dryer.
  • standing on the bay window seat.
  • sitting on the computer desk.
  • climbing out of her crib.
  • trying to climb into her crib.
  • hiding under her crib.
  • tearing pages out of photo albums.
  • pulling cassette ribbon out of the tape.
  • programming the DVR.
  • using CD's as cymbals.
  • applying lipstick.
  • applying nail polish.
  • eating chapstick.
  • making sand castles out of fireplace ashes.
  • eating the dog's food.
  • eating the dog's treats.
  • pulling out and shredding an entire box of Kleenex.
  • licking the fly swatter.
  • emptying the contents of the filing cabinet.
  • playing with the stapler.
And this was just yesterday! 

4 comments:

Grammy said...

Isn't she precious?

Unknown said...

OH MY GOODNESS! Was that really all yesterday? Please tell me you were being sarcastic . . . `Good thing she's got such a beautiful smile to charm you so you don't get mad at her all the time! :)

Jenny said...

My VERY busy boys didn't come close to doing all that in one day - well, not usually. There are those days!! But when they were in the 15-27 months SUPER busy stage, (which we are just coming out of with Evan) it was definitely like that every WEEK. It will get better - hang in there! When I get overwhelmed (still) I remind myself that busy people are world-changers. That kinda helps. :-) Praying for you, Karen!!!

Kelly Glupker said...

I can so relate! Brienna reminds me so much of my Aubrey and I often hear, "Yeah, toddlers are busy." Owen wasn't this way and neither were any of the kids I have babysat. Keep up the good work!