1. Say a prayer for us. Olivia has really been testing us lately. We will not forsake God's plan for childrearing, even when it doesn't seem to "work" as quickly as we think it ought. Livvie is re-learning immediate, cheerful obedience, kindness, and respect for authority & others. [as are we]
2. In the kindness department, the old saying is true: It's either feast or famine. Sometimes I fear they'll never, ever say a kind word to one another, and then I find them playing together like best friends. I'm told this is The Way of the Sibling.
4. Funny conversation last week:
Olivia: "Mommy, please be a little quiet. I'm on the phone."
Mommy: "Oh! Okay, sorry." *wink*
Olivia: "Melissa! Hi! How is college? [pause] Oh, great! [pause] I'm doing fine."
"Uh-huh, we went to church last night, too."
[gasp] "You do?!???!? REALLY?!?? I HAVE A BABY IN MY TUMMY, TOO!"
5. Ellia's imagination is no less vivid. She and her baby doll are inseparable, and we don't dare call it a doll, but Brienna. Sometimes Elena (her cousin). And Ellia rarely likes to be called Ellia. Usually she's Christopher Robin, sometimes Daddy.
6. Livvie's last day of soccer is this Saturday. I have mixed feelings about that. Though she loves the drills & practice, she still refuses to even try during the games. That's incredibly frustrating. We'll be glad to have our leisurely Saturday mornings back. (We have to be at the field by 9.)
7. I went through the girls' toys (read: JUNK) this week, purging and tossing. We simply MUST find a better way for organizing/storing their stuff. I just can't take the hurricane-zone-in-every-room-of-the-house any longer. They do need to learn how to pick up after themselves, how to put something away before getting something else out. But I think I'll save this