Is it ever okay to indulge your anger?
What about those people who cheat you or step all over you trying to get to the top? What about those who take advantage of you?
What about someone who lies to you, or (maybe worse)--lies about you? What then?
The Bible gives us directives for solving People Problems. And it isn't what we might expect, certainly not our first response!
- Approach the offender privately and tell him what he has done to offend you.
- Forgive him! (Ouch.) In fact, if he commits the same sin against you all day long, continue forgiving! (Double ouch!)
- Don't take the "an eye for an eye" approach. Rather, respond by loving him in return!
- He did not treat His abusers as they had treated Him, but instead trusted that God would give them their due reward.
- He humbled himself and served others, demonstrating obedience to God.
- He forgave! Even as He hung on the cross in their place, He forgave!
But it's easy to get discouraged, isn't it? Let's remember that God is faithful and will not permit us to be tempted more than we can bear! And praise Him! What God has started in us, He promises to finish!