Saturday, March 20, 2010

Homemade Baby Wipes

I'm trying my hand at reuseable baby wipes.
(Not brave enough to use them for Ellia's messy diapers. Gross!)
A cinch to make, and it saves us money!

I scored this box of small, thin washcloths from freecycle. Must be at least 150 washcloths in there!











Made up the soap solution:
3 cups water
2 T. olive oil
2 T. baby wash (I used the lavender scent)
2 drops tea tree oil



Then, I swished several cloths in the solution and squeezed almost all of it out.



Placed the moistened cloths in an empty wipes container.



And that's it!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fabulous idea, Karen! I hear ya on the poopies -- gotta use throw-away wipes for those.

the johnson crew said...

very interesting. i guess it would be fine for at home, and the non-poopy diapers. We have coin laundry in our apartment, so It might not be cheaper for us (The amount i Pay on Laundry is almost as much as our food bill per month j/k). Good idea Karen.

Jenny said...

I always make my own wipes, it is so inexpensive to make. Not to mention my kiddos have sensitive skin.

I normally use paper towels, but week I had some very old t-shirts that I was going to pitch due to holes, stains, etc. Instead I cut them up and made wipes out of them. This way I can just through them away after use.

Enjoy those wipes!