Monday, November 02, 2009

Susie's Visit

We had a wonderful time with Susie this week! We kept plenty busy, with such activities as shopping, our harvest party, playing outside, going to church, celebrating a family birthday, and eating. Of course. 'Cause having company just isn't any fun at all unless you eat at least 30 pounds of junk food.

I'm proud to report that I now know how to make several authentic Mexican items, including tortillas, refried beans, Spanish rice, and enchilada sauce. This could not make me or my love handles any happier, I tell you. I do love me some Mexican food.

Resemble each other much? It's fun to hear people say how much I look like Susie. This, in my opinion, is a very good thing.

Grandma Susie with her 3 Michigan Princesses. She needs to eat more of her own cookin', so as to expand her lap space.




Riding piggyback. The girls liked to bounce on Susie while she sang "She'll be Comin' Round the Mountain." ...though Livvie kept getting mixed up and requesting "She'll be Comin' down the Hill."

They don't have autumn weather in South Texas--no changing/falling leaves or crisp weather! Susie had a ball raking leaves and watching the kids play in them.








It'd been a LONG time since we snapped a photo of ourselves!


Just playin'. Ellia is SO rough! One of her favorite games was to pat (read: "slap") Susie, and Susie would say, "Sweet, sweet Grandma Susie!"


We are blessed to have Susie (and all the TX Clan!) in our lives. Hopefully we can get down to South Texas really soon. We miss you already, Grandma Susie!

1 comment:

Kelly Glupker said...

Sounds like so much fun! Susie sure seems like a blast to have around. Maybe you can teach us all to do some Mexican cooking? Is it hard?