Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Resurrection Day!

At the Good Friday service, our Pastor gave us the timeline of the Passion Week. I'd never heard anyone explain it this way; it made the events even more real to me.

Sunday--Jesus' triumphal entry into Jerusalem

Monday--Jesus casts the moneychangers out of the temple

Tuesday--The Olivet Discourse

Wednesday--nothing, as far as we can tell

Thursday--Jesus washes the disciples' feet, institutes the Lord's Supper, and gives the Upper Room Discourse, His Farewell Discourse

Friday--midnight-2 a.m. : Jesus prays in Gethsemane, Judas betrays Jesus

3-5 a.m.: Jesus' 3 religious trials--before Annas, the High Priest emeritus; Caiaphas, the High Priest; and the entire Sanhedrin

6-9 a.m.: Jesus' 3 civil trials--before Pilate, Herod, and again Pilate

9 a.m.: Jesus is handed over to be crucified

Just before sunset: Joseph begs the body of Jesus

Saturday: nothing

Sunday: The tomb is empty--He is risen!

Allow Livvie to wow you with her exceptional singing voice and keen memorization skills. Few things make this mama's heart swell like hearing her sing & say Bible verses.

May we reflect today on the sacrifice God made for us, and rejoice in the fact that our Saviour is alive! He is risen, indeed!

"Jesus paid it all; all to Him I owe."

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh My Goodness!! That was awesome! I cried (and laughed) just listening to her sing and recite her scripture!
I watched itl ike five times in a row! She is so adorable and I see little sister peeking around the couch there!! So Cute!!

jennifer said...

so cute! My daughter is 3 and keeps saying, play it again Mommy. I love the baby crawling around the corner.