Sunday, April 26, 2009

Blessings, in Abundance

This week someone gifted us with 10 lbs of potatoes and a large bag of other groceries. All of it was either stuff that we regularly use (spring mix & onions) or things that we love but don't buy (tons of pepperoni & a bag of hash browns!). I remarked to Olivia on the drive home that wow, doesn't God take good care of us, and what a nice lady to give us that food, etc, etc...

When I suggested that we pray and thank God, she said, "I want to pray, Mommy."

Of course I thought that sounded great; I thought she'd pray about the nice day, and pray for a good nap, as she usually does.

"Dear God, thank you for this nice, wonderful day. And thank you for all this good food, and for caring for us. That lady was so nice, and thank you, Jesus. Amen."

My eyes welled up, not at the gift of food, but at the genuine gratefulness of such a small child. What an opportunity to teach thankfulness!





Our simple meatloaf dinner looked extravagant alongside creamy mashed potatoes and a big green salad.

Even the grateful 2-year-old had three helpings of salad!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I love food testimonies.....the food taste so much better:-)

What a wonderful blessing....Livvie has such a tender heart....you must be so proud!