Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Tree-Trimming and all that "important" stuff

We have joined the ranks. We are now counted among The Artificial Christmas Tree Owners.
Monday night we bought this little pre-lit beauty and set her up with all the little baubles and balls. Olivia was a decorating madwoman, pulling out all the pretties and ahhhing over each one. I watched my firstborn, so big and curious and beautiful, and I thought, "Does it get better than this!??"
Then it was bedtime. (10:30--YIKES! We did have such a lovely evening, and she was being so sweet.)


But bedtime it was, and so I whisked Livvie into a fresh diaper and cozy PJ's. We cuddled in her bed and rehearsed "Away in a Manger" for the Christmas program, complete with motions, and also the cute little poem--also with motions. We said her little verse: "Glory to God in the highest!" and then I prayed.
"Thank you, God, for such a nice, fun day. Thanks for our pretty Christmas tree, and for sending Jesus at Christmastime. Jesus is so good and kind to us, and we love Him--thank you for Jesus. Amen."
I opened my eyes. Livvie was watching me intently. Then she stunned me once again, for the second time this week, with this sweet wish:
"I want to see Jesus."
I thought I must have misunderstood. She probably said she wanted to sing Jesus. But no, she repeated herself. "I want to see Jesus."
I was amazed. I told her that someday, we would see Jesus! And won't that be so exciting?!
She said, simply, "Okay," and seemed completely, innocently content with that promise.

1 comment:

Abby said...

Out of the mouth of babes. She's really been open lately! How precious and amazing!!