Friday, December 26, 2008

In which I do some shameless bragging

Well, I said beforethat many of our gifts to others would be homemade this year.
Boy, have I been busy on that sewing machine!

Celeste & Caela got matching aprons.
A lined bag for Olivia...


Ellia got a taggie blanket and a quilted bunny pillow (below).












My M-I-L got a gingerbread apron & the reversible tote pictured below.






























Below, a matching purse and wallet for Livvie (left), and a purse for Sam.

















My parents both got one of these--a bed organizer--they slip between the mattresses to hold books, glasses, pens, cashews... :)















Crayon rolls... ugh, I'm tired of making these! This is 2 of 5.





















My favorite... a reversible tote bag for Melissa.

























I love the striped fabric! You almost didn't get this bag, Melissa! I wanted it for myself!




















I've got more gifts that I can't share yet--they're for the TX clan and haven't been given yet.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I guess you'll just have to make one for yourself then!! I love it, it can fit so much stuff(aka "junk")lol Thank you so much!!

Heather said...

They are beautiful and thoughtful gifts, Karen!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow Karen, you're good! You could teach classes. :-)

christina said...

i loved the idea for the crayon rolls... totally stole it! and i was so sick of making them, too. oh, my word they took me forever. i'm a novice seamstress and let me tell you the machine i used was a beast!

Jenny said...

Aw, great job, Karen! These look beautiful. Next year I'm hoping for more homemade gifts coming from us. This year - too crazy. All I got done was Aaron's Curious George pillowcase and a superhero cape for the same 2 year old! I think I will try those crayon rolls, though - what a great idea!

HA HA as I speak of being remiss in doing my homemade gifts, my word verification is "remis" LOL