Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Ahhh...


I'm relaxed. Why, you ask?

  • All the gifts are wrapped, and only a few of them were actually purchased. (No, I don't have a new shoplifting habit; most of our gifts are homemade this year!)

  • Tim & Shannon, Leah & Emily arrived safely last evening. And boy, have we missed them.

  • The girls are feeling mu-u-u-uch better.

  • I am feeling mu-u-u-uch better.

  • I sit here, waiting for my haircolor (read: gray coverage)--in the sultry shade of Sweet Cola--to work its magic.

  • Our photo Christmas cards arrived early yesterday, and Nate & I worked together to get them stuffed, written in, addressed, stamped, and out the door in an hour.

  • Nate took us to breakfast this morning, bless him.

It's the little things, I guess.
This is by far the least stressful Christmas Week for me, ever. I like it that way. (Duh.) Just doin' some laundry today, then headin' over to hang out with family.

Christmas Eve agenda: putting together my contribution for Christmas Dinner (cold broccoli salad, per Justin's request), baking and decorating a birthday cake for Jesus--I am beside myself with anticipation--, and doing no housework. None. Nada. Zilch! Christmas Eve service at church, followed by birthday cake and stockings with Nate & the girls.

And then only one more sleep 'til Christmas! (cue Muppets)

No comments: