Friday, October 24, 2008

Birthday Agenda

Well, I guess I had pretty much the average birthday--good food, cake, presents. So to spice it up a bit, I'll tell you what I did NOT do on my birthday. Ready?

1. I did not pay for the scrumptious cup of decaf that I got on my way to the babysitter. I did splurge on my Boston Cream Donut, though.

2. I did not rush through our local secondhand store, but instead took my time, browsing leisurely as I sipped my coffee.


3. I did NOT expect Nate to come home early (He lied to me!), at 3:30! I also didn't expect this gigantic flower bouquet, which I couldn't even fit into one vase.










4. I did not pine away for the girlies while Nate took me to Real Seafood Company. They spent the evening with the Burtt family, and they had a terrific time.






5. I did not even notice when our server gave me salmon, instead of the whitefish I ordered. (No, I don't have fish much.) I also did not object when he insisted upon correcting the "problem." (Even though my entree was half gone!) In addition, we did not pay full price for our delicious dinner; we received half off our total bill, PLUS a free dessert! And we most certainly did not leave any of that strawberry-drizzled cheesecake delight on the plate!


5. I did not expect Nate to do such a fantastic job on my cake! It was his first cake-baking attempt, and he pulled it off wonderfully.






6. I did not realize how cold my feet had been until I slipped my tootsies into these lush slippers from Nate! They're perfect--any pretty, too!

And last, I did not know that Olivia knew all the words to "Happy Birthday."
...although she had a bit of a hard time focusing...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy 28th birthday, girl! Sounds like you had an absolutely fabulous day! Good food and dunkin donuts coffee make a birthday extra special. And Nate did a SPECTACULAR job on your cake!

Kelly Glupker said...

What a precious video. Happy Belated Birthday!