Saturday, August 09, 2008

Reluctant Return

It's true--I had such a great "vacation" that I'm almost sad it's over! (Meaning, I scheduled posts to get me through Saturday.) I was able to get SO much accomplished this week, partly because I figured I'd better be able to report productivity when I return! I am seriously considering making this my regular blogging M.O.

The week in review:

The girls & I spent a good deal of time outside. Nearly daily, in fact! When I was pregnant, I grossly underestimated how frequently I would get all 3 of us outside. This week I really focused on that. Livvie absolutely loves being outside, and she's obviously gotten over her fear of dirt. As an added bonus, my house didn't get so dirty because we weren't in it so much!













Outside time translated into LOTS more bath time. That was okay, too.


















We did quite a bit of this, too... just sitting around and enjoying each other. Olivia would hold Ellia all day if she could. Ellia is such a smiley baby and so sweet.








Notice anything unusual about this photo?


Olivia's drink is all "cup" and no "sippy." She's really getting good. Until she gets cocky; then she manages to get whatever's in her cup, up her nose.

I cleaned out the Jeep, washed the dashboard and doors, and vacuumed it out. Looks spiffy!




I then promptly filled it back up again... with FIVE garbage bags of little girls' clothes. What.A.Task. I plan to take half of them to a local consignment shop this evening. (They'll take only so many at a time... how embarrassing.)



And, I trimmed our 6-foot high hedge. Now we can actually get into our vehicles without fending off long tendrils of honeysuckle and whatever else is in there.


And that's not all! I also did the following:
  • Read the first 4 or 5 chapters of The Excellent Wife
  • Updated the girls' journals.
  • Cleared out a section of the basement (again, What.A.Task!) and turned it into a little play area for Livvie.
  • Sorted and organized the stuff on the girls' closet floor
  • Rearranged the girls' room
  • Sorted & organized my sheet music (I have an upcoming solo and couldn't find a thing!)
  • Sneaked in a couple of naps, although it was difficult to slow down once I got motivated!

How was your week?

No comments: