Monday, December 31, 2007

"What's for Dinner?"

I just went grocery shopping this weekend. Between the shopping and putting everything away, I always get a great idea of what we've got in our freezers & pantry. I thought it best to make a menu plan right away. But this time I got a little crazy & made a plan for the next 2 weeks+! Here's what's for dinner at our house:

MON--Tacos, homemade guacamole
TUE--Twice baked potatoes w/ bacon
WED--Grilled chicken salad
THU--Crockpot sausage & sauerkraut
FRI--Leftover buffet
SAT--Grilled cheese sandwiches, tomato soup
SUN--Shrimp & ww pasta
MON--Chicken cacciatore & dumplings
TUE--Burgers & seasoned potato wedges
WED--AWAY GAME
THU--Sausage tortelloni
FRI--Crockpot chili & cornbread
SAT--AWAY GAME
SUN--Crockpot meatloaf & veggies
MON--Homemade chicken noodle soup
TUE--Leftover buffet
WED--Tater tot casserole
THU--Cheddar & herb chicken w/ penne

The menu plan will get us through January 17th. Wow, what a huge relief! While I love to cook, I have to admit it's far less enjoyable when I don't have a plan. I feel great knowing that all those groceries--many of them clearanced or on sale--will stretch so far. This is a win-win-win situation... a time saver, stress saver, and a money saver!

What's for dinner at your house?

3 comments:

Abby said...

I do the same thing - planning the menu makes things SO much easier! I do at least a week in advance but sometimes more depending on how motivated I am! Everything looks yummy on your menu!! I might steal a couple ideas!

Karen said...

Thanks! And if you're going to steal my ideas, you'd better post your own menu plan so I can do the same!

Jenny said...

I like planning our menu for 2 weeks at a time, too! I love not having to wonder what we're having!!