Thursday, September 06, 2007

Chicago Photos

Here are some photos from our trip. Nate's mom was nice enough to keep Olivia overnight, and Nate & I spent Wednesday & Thursday downtown. We had such a great time!


Here's Nate with his enormous beef sandwich. I'm usually not a big roast beef fan, but it was delicious.







This was just a cool night photo.
















Here we are on the Riverwalk.






As we were strolling along, we passed the NBC building, and Nate noticed these trophies lining an office window. He thinks they're Grammy's (Emmy's?). I don't remember.






Thanks to Hotwire.com, we were able to snag a 4-star Hilton hotel! It was gorgeous inside. This is a shot of the lobby, which has (I think) 21 separate hand-painted pictures on the ceiling.









The elevator area.







A close-up of the ornate clock above the Grand Ballroom door.









Lobby






Here we are at Buckingham Fountain, which is HUGE! Wow, I wasn't expecting something so mammoth. But I guess our heads are blocking most of it...








There. That's better. That shooting stream in the middle shot up so high. Also, it was really windy, and lots of people got wet. Very cool.








This is at Grammy's house, right before my battery died. Here's Olivia trying to play with Lucy, and Evan trying to get away.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I especially like those self-taken shots of you and Nate! You all look so cute and "free" because you got some alone time. What a blessing. Chicago is such a fun place to visit.

Heather said...

So glad that you enjoyed your time away!! That is the exact hotel that Kevin and I stayed at about a month ago...FUN!!!