Sunday, July 08, 2007

Happy Birthday, Nate!


Yesterday was Nate's 30th birthday... yes, 07-07-07! We had quite an eventful day! It all began with breakfast--decadent french toast and coffee. Mmm! Then, we headed down to the park for some tennis.







The real excitement came when I COULD NOT get Nate to his surprise party! I tried to persuade Nate that he needed to walk down the street to a garage sale with me. Try as I might, he could not be coaxed. He kept saying, "It's MY birthday, and I don't want to go!" He stubbornly turned on his XBox and wouldn't go. I had to resort to drastic measures, but it all worked out.






Then, we headed over to watch the US Navy's Blue Angels. I had never seen them before--WOW, they're amazing!

Then, we all went over to Nate's parents' house to celebrate together. What a busy and exhausting day! Happy 30th, Babe!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hee-hee! That's hilarious that you couldn't get him to go to his surprise party - he must have been truly surprised! That will make for a great story years down the road. Glad you were able to spoil him a bit. What a milestone! (Though i'm sure it's not such a big deal to guys as it is to us gals.)

Shyla said...

dare i ask what your drastic measures were that got him to go?? LOL

Karen said...

Hey! Let's keep this blog G-rated, Shyla! :)