Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Meeting my biological family

Wow, what a surreal weekend! I can't believe it really happened, but I have photos to prove it! Susie (my birth mother) and the rest of the gang arrived Friday afternoon about 2. We had sandwiches waiting for them, and we made our introductions while we ate. Then, we took them to their hotel so they could relax a bit before supper.

Here we all are at Los Tres Amigos--one of our faves. Left to right:
Kerry & Harmony (older sister & husband), Gabe & Susie (birth mother & husband), and Ashley (younger sister). Amigos was a bit hit, except for when Gabe blabbed in Spanish to our waiter and sneakily picked up the check! :)


Here are just us girls.

On Saturday I took just Susie out for breakfast... where I discovered that she doesn't eat breakfast. :) That's okay--we spent 2 quick hours talking. It was great. Then, we girls went shopping together. We hit the Salvation Army and the mall. And Taco Bell. Then we all met up and went to Steve & Barry's, where everyone got some Michigan gear. Then, it was a chilly walk to Mongolian Barbeque...YUM! Only a couple of us had been there before, and it was a hit.

Auntie Ashley is currently Livvie's favorite, for obvious reasons.


Nope, now it's Auntie Harmony!

I'll save the rest for another post...

8 comments:

Sara said...

Wow, Karen! I am so excited you had this opportunity. Your birth mom is very pretty, and I would have to say that you resemble Ashley the most. Do either of you share the same birth father? Glad things went well. I truly hope that this was "satisfying" for you as I know that you have wanted this for quite some time!

S said...

I agree that you look so much like Ashley. Glad it all went well. Can't wait to hear 'the rest of the story'!

Abby said...

That's just amazing how things worked out. I'm so happy that you got this chance! I'm anxious to hear the rest!!

Heather said...

What an awesome opportunity! It sounds like you had a wonderful time too...it is amazing how it all worked out. Were you really nervous before they all got there?? Glad you had a good time with them.

Jenny said...

how exciting - what a wonderful opportunity! So happy for you guys!

christina said...

so glad things went well! sounds like you were really able to enjoy your time together. very cool story!

Kelly Glupker said...

I am glad things went well Karen. Do they leave near you at all?

Karen said...

Yes, I was VERY nervous Friday morning. Physically ill, the whole bit. They live in Texas--most in Corpus Christi (very southern) and Harmony & Kerry in Houston. It was fun!