Saturday, July 15, 2006

Presents, please!

Tonight Nate and I registered at Babies R Us. It was fun! 2 things struck me, though. (1) How many things you really don't "need!" They had this enormous list of "must-haves." It was ridiculous! The second thing that struck me was (2) how blessed we are. We were able to skip the "big" sections of the store because God has provided the big things for us. I'm talking about the crib, crib mattress, changing table and pad, stroller, carseat, swing, bouncy seat, carrier... God reminded me again how great He is!

6 comments:

pamela s said...

How fun registering is! I loved registering for our wedding. It's so nice knowing that you won't have to take back a whole lot of ugly stuff!
Did you ever complete your crib's skirt?

Karen said...

Uh, no. My mom-in-law and I got together to cut out the pieces, and we got stuck. Not long after that, we figured it out, but we haven't made any more progress. But we're getting together tomorrow night to keep cutting. :)

Unknown said...

Don't be too wary . . . I was VERY surprised when chloe arrived and I saw how much stuff it required to care for her. Thank the Lord you don't need to buy the expensive stuff!

Kelli said...

I am sure it will be so fun to open all of the presents for your baby girl. It is always neat to see how much people give when it comes to babies. The Lord has already provided so much for you! Can't wait to see the pictures of the completed nursery. How many more weeks?

Karen said...

8 weeks to go! At least I hope she waits that long!

Jenny said...

Those "must-haves" cracked me up, too! How many pioneer women made do with a few big squares of cloth? :-)

I noticed you registered for Butt Paste. We got some at our shower, and apparently it is the best stuff ever, and definitely a "must have"

which makes me wonder what the pioneering women did for diaper rash...

Happy waiting to you!