Friday, July 07, 2006

Happy Birthday, Babe!

Today is Nate's 29th birthday. Yes, he's only one year away from 30! :) I want to pause today and devote some thought to my wonderful husband. Here are a few things about him that I especially love.

1. He is a worker! If a job needs doing, he volunteers and sees it through til it's finished.

2. He has character! If it's "good enough," it isn't good enough. He's meticulous, doing things the right way, the first time.

3. He's a thinker. He doesn't ever make hasty decisions--not about important things. This used to irritate me a little. But many times we come to a different decision, the right decision, when we stop to look at all the options and think things through.

4. He's considerate. He remembers special days, takes heavy things from me, does "yucky" chores, and listens--interested!--to my endless chatter about nothing.

5. He is a handyman! (see previous posts!) I'm so blessed to have a husband who can fix anything! Being in the construction business surely has come in handy. He has an eye for good craftsmanship and enjoys working on our little house and yard.

6. He's good-looking! You didn't think I'd leave that one out, did you? :)

7. He's a great daddy. I know this already, even though Livvie hasn't made her appearance yet. But Nate talks to her sometimes, and likes to feel her move and kick. And he gets after me to eat enough...especially since I gained only 1.5 pounds last month. When we talk about how we'll raise her, and the stand we'll take on different issues, I just know he'll be so consistent and loving and patient. I can't wait to see him in action.


Well... these are only a few of the things I love about Nathan Bradley Adams.

Babe, I know you probably won't read this, but I am so thankful for you. I love you dearly and wish you a super birthday today!

3 comments:

Vicki said...

Happy Birthday, Nate! :)

Heather said...

What a great post!!

carissa said...

That was sooo nice, Karen. We are so blessed aren't we!! Thanks for posting. Good to see your bathroom and hear about the progress!!!