Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Bonding time

One of my favorite times of the day is the time between crawling into bed and turning out the light. No matter how exhausted we are, we always lie there for at least a few minutes, chatting about a situation or laughing about a story. Sometimes we give each other back or foot rubs--especially if one of us has had a particularly rough day. As tired as I am by the time I'm between the sheets, I can usually manage to keep my eyes open long enough to unwind a little with Nate. I don't take this special time for granted; actually I'm a little sad that it will end with the arrival of Olivia (or at least it won't be as regular!).

2 comments:

Heather said...

That time eventually does come back. Kevin and I were just saying last night how nice it is just to "unwind" a bit before shutting our eyes. It seems like that is the only time we are able to have an adult conversation! Logan is 2.5 and Victoria will be 4 next week...I thought the days and nights would always run together...but fortunately and unfortunately our children do grow up!!! :)

Kelli said...

That is always a special time. I am sure it will change a little when Olivia is born, but I am sure you can still make it happen once in a while! =) Tell him to keep the foot rubs coming!