Saturday, April 22, 2006

SURPRISE!

Yesterday we had our ultrasound. It is so amazing how perfectly formed babies are, even at this early stage! Anyway, up until a couple weeks ago, I was absolutely fine with not finding out the baby's gender. Then, I started feeling movement, and that completely changed my mind! Since Nate didn't really care one way or the other, we decided to find out. Well...












We found out that...













we're having a . . .































little girl! :)

The technician is certain--she even showed us the absence of one little part and the presence of another. :) Livvie (short for Olivia) Marie already has a little outfit that her Daddy picked out for her to wear home from the hospital. :)

14 comments:

Vicki said...

My eyes are welling up with tears--I'm so happy for you! And what a beautiful name. It's perfect!

S said...

Congratulations! Olivia Claire was our second choice name (I guess in case I was pregnant with twins??) It's a family name. Anyways, have fun shopping for your little girl now!

Katie said...

Yay, yay, yay! I'm so happy for you. And I love the name Livvie, Olivia too! So cute. I hope she looks like you! (no offence, Nate) :)

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! You will LOVE having a little girl. I know lots of people don't like finding out the gender but I loved imagining my little Chloe as she grew in my burgeoning belly. Livvie is an adorable nickname! Wouldn't that be cute if Shyla had an Olivia too?

Shyla said...

ok, i am crying!!
congratulations karen!! I am sooo excited for you! how crazy would that be since we both married nates to have baby girls named olivia - maybe they'll go to nbbc, live down the hall from one another, be singing sistahs and bond over their curly hair woes...ahhhh...memories! LOL

beck said...

Congrats Karen!!!!!!!! I'm so excited for you! I get to start shopping now:)

Kelli said...

Congratulations Karen! What an adorable name! Love the nickname! I am sure shopping and dreaming will be more fun now that you know it is little Livvie that is coming! How exciting!

Genns said...

Wow Karen that is amzing. We are SOOOOO happy for you and Nate!!

Jenny said...

That is very very cool! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Olivia is such a beautiful name, good choice! i wish you luck with everything. Oh i did get the wedding planner. Kudos on everything Karen.

pamela s said...

Congratulations! I also love the nickname - so adorable!

Rob and Amanda Edmondson said...

We are so excited for you!!! Nothing compares with finally looking in the eyes of your own baby- the whole experience is so amazing. And aren't ultrasounds fun? They make you realize there really IS a baby in there- CRAZY!

Abby said...

Congrats Karen! How exciting! I'm sure that she is going to be adorable - she has to be with you for a mom ;-)

Karen said...

Aww...you guys are so sweet with your comments! I don't think I could be any more thrilled!