Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Never-Ending Irritation

You know what really irritates me? Among other things, I just hate this scenario, which happens weekly:

I make a general menu of meals for the week. Then I survey the fridge, freezer, and cupboards, adding to and ommitting from my list. I try to think of every get-together we'll be attending and rack my brain about miscellany such as laundry detergent, gum, and shampoo. Satisfied, I go to the grocery store and return home, proud of myself for FINALLY having thought of everything. Then--it happens every time!--that very evening I realize I forgot something. And next week's grocery list has already been started! Worse yet, sometimes I must go back to the store and pick up the item.

Anyway. No biggie, really. Just something I've noticed and been irritated about.

5 comments:

Heather said...

I hate when that happens! I got home from the store last night. I wasn't even finished unpacking the groceries when I had a 2 things on my list for next week!

Oh well, life goes on!

pamela s said...

I can relate! Geoff gets a little irritated when this happens, so he recommends I take a list-the problem is I do! I've offered that he can do the shopping, and gets quiet. :)

Kelli said...

I know what you mean! It seems that I have just finished unpacking the groceries and I already have to add 1 or 2 things on my list! But in my case, I can't just run back out to the store, unless I want to go to the Food Depot!

christina said...

totally! happens all the time.

Vicki said...

It seems it's usually something silly too, like baking powder, that you just have to have to make your favorite dessert for the "dish to pass" TOMORROW. It wouldn't be a big deal for next week's list besides the fact you need it for TOMORROW. UGH. That is irritating!! Luckily we have a small mom and pop grocery store about 6 blocks away, but it's still annoying.