Friday, December 16, 2005

Stuff

Last Friday I arrived at work to find all 3 kids still in their PJs. Turns out, they had a snow day, so I had all 3, all day. No problem. But on top of that, the 3 neighbor kids came over for about 4 hours while their mom ran errands. My o my, what a day it was! Their ages were 11, 9, 8, 6, 5, and 1. The kids are fine, really, but when you have SIX of them, all together, it can be pretty nerve-wracking. Gladly, neighbor mom paid me.

My Christmas shopping is almost finished! I need to get a couple more things for Nate, which I've already decided on, and shop for our parents, and Greg (father of kids I watch). I'm so excited about all the great deals I've found! I've bought a few things on eBay, and gotten things on sale.

And all I want for Christmas is a working car! The week of Thanksgiving, the door handle broke. So a friend of ours fixed it the next week, and the next day it wouldn't start. Lovely! So I haven't had a car for a couple weeks. We've been borrowing from Nate's parents and his brother, but I've did miss work yesterday. Our friend is coming today to replace the fuel filter; hopefully that will do the trick, but I'm dubious.

On the upside, I got a LOT accomplished yesterday when I didn't work. I was determined to complete my 2nd assignment, which I did before lunchtime! Yay! I must have been inspired of the Lord, because nearly 1000 words gushed out in less than 2 hours! I was so excited that I shoveled the driveway and built a huge snowman in the front yard! It snowed literally all day yesterday--probably about 8 inches--and the snow was perfect for packing. It was fun.

I'm so proud of myself--all my Christmas cards are sent! We got a photo card done this year, and I'm pretty happy with it.

Well, Nate's leaving me today for a couple days again. His tournament is in IN, I think, and he won't be back til Saturday night.

Ben Everson and his family are here, working at my church until after Christmas. He's in charge of the Christmas Cantata, and he's doing a fabulous job. It's so fun to have him around; he's so funny and talented. The Cantata sounds really good, t oo. Tomorrow night I'm babysitting their 2 youngest, Elena, 2, and Darren, 6 months.

I think that's about it! Hope your week was good!

No comments: