Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Relaxing activity??

I am embarrassed to admit that I did a crossword puzzle today. And let me tell you, I have never felt older. The only person I know who does these things is my grandmother.

I don't know what came over me today to inspire me to do it, but I happened to glance at a couple of the clues, and I knew them! I guess crossword puzzles have always been a little intimidating to me. I don't think the crossword puzzle writers really intend for others to actually finish crossword puzzles.

So during the boys' naptime I watched two episodes of "A Baby Story" and did a crossword puzzle. I don't know why Gram considers this relaxing! It was distressing! (So was one Baby Story experience, but I won't go there!) I am proud to say that I came up with all but 4 of the answers. I think there were upwards of 150 words in the dumb thing! Anyway, I always hate leaving something half-done, or even mostly done, so it does bother me a little that I couldn't finish it. And it was a really old magazine, so I won't be able to get the answers.

O well; at least I can now say I've done one of these monsters! Gram would be proud.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you could call Gram and ask her for the answers to finish the puzzle!? ;)